In fact, the only part of Scotland that voted yes were the cities of the worst turn-out to vote, Glasgow and Dundee.
These, coincidentally, are the parts of Scotland where one hears the most whining and whingeing and racist nonsense about the English and the most feckless twaddle spewed forth about the benefits of Socialism.
Thank goodness, not all Glasweigans and Dundonians are like that. They are let down by those who are but now it's time to call time on the bigotry, hatred and narrow-minded nationalism.
And above all to learn the basic lesson...
National Socialism was tried in Germany and failed dismally as a blinkered, totalitarian, racist, violent and murderous creed.
Any sensible person should reject that kind of creed.
The Jacobites, by contrast, were the supporters of King James Stewart as king of all the Three Kingdoms of Scotland, England and Ireland and they were Crown Unionists, not whining, whingeing Nationalist Socialist Republicans, looking only for perpetual hand-outs from a centralised Socialist state.
The Jacobite programme was as follows:
- Loyalty to the legitimate Monarch and Constitution.
- A free people in a free state under a Stewart Monarch and the ancient Constitution of these islands.
- Devolved parliaments under one Crown.
- Parliaments of King, Lords and Commons or King, Barons and Lairds.
- Christianity, the religion of the state but toleration for minority religions following the Declarations of Indulgence of King James (Stewart) II and VII of England, Scotland and Ireland.
- Christian Social teaching to inform the laws of the state, protecting all the people, rich and poor, of whatever estate, race, creed or colour, in justice.
- The protection of religion and public morals and both the material and spiritual welfare of the people, including the economy, trade, education, justice, employment, relief of the poor and an adequate defence force.
He always wore the Garter Star because he was not a narrow nationalist but a defender of our ancient Constitution.
See below the entry of His Royal Highness Prince Charles Edward Stewart wearing Highland dress and the Garter Star, flanked by Cameron of Lochiel and MacDonald of Clanranald:
Alba gu bràth!